One of the most important factors that AirBnB hosts need to consider in order to ensure success is cleanliness. The best way to achieve this is by having clean bedding and towels, which will make guests feel more at ease and welcome and help the rental keep a good reputation.
This article will cover five key methods for keeping your AirBnB rental spotless and smelling great, including how many different types of towels and sheets to buy, how many to have, how to keep track of them, and why hiring a laundry service is important for your AirBnB business.
What kind of towels or sheets to buy
Before purchasing sheets and towels for your AirBnB business, think about which kind is best and be aware of the benefits and drawbacks involved:
Cotton: One of the most popular choices of materials for sheets and towels is cotton. It has an absorbent and durable quality, making it a favorite choice for towels and bedding. It is also fairly priced and widely available. One of the cons of using cotton for bed sheets is that it can shrink and wrinkle after a few wash cycles and may not dry as fast as other textiles.
Microfiber: Microfiber towels and sheets are known for their ability to dry quickly and resist stains and smells. They are also lightweight and easy to care for. The main con of using microfiber material is that it may not be as soft or absorbent as cotton.
Bamboo: Towels and sheets made from bamboo materials are better for the environment because they are made from renewable sources. Also, they are soft, absorbent, and dry quickly. The main con with bamboo material is it is not as long-lasting as cotton and microfiber.
Recommendations on which type of towel and sheet to buy for AirBnB rentals
For your AirBnB rental, it is best to choose a combination of materials for different purposes:
- Beddings: Given that visitors will likely spend the majority of their time in bed, cotton sheets offer the best comfort.
- Towels: As for towels, bamboo or microfiber material is recommended because of their ease of maintenance and quick drying capabilities.
How much inventory to have
Keeping sufficient inventory on hand is important for running a successful AirBnB rental.
To determine the appropriate amount of inventory, consider the following:
The number of guests: One set of sheets and two sets of towels per guest is a good starting point.
The duration of the stay: If visitors stay for a week or longer, you might need to supply extra sheets and towels.
Tips on how to manage inventory:
Use storage solutions like vacuum-sealed bags to save space and protect your linens from dust, moisture, and bugs. This will help keep your linens organized and in good shape.
Tracking systems such as spreadsheets or apps help keep track of how many sheets and towels you have and when they need to be laundered.
How to manage the inventory
Inventory management is essential to the success of any organization. Managing your linen inventory ensures that the linens are in stock and ready for clients when needed. It also gets rid of the costs that come with carrying extra inventory.
Methods for managing inventory:
Spreadsheets: Keep track of how many sets of sheets and towels you have and when they need to be washed by using a spreadsheet. This is a quick and easy way to stay organized and make sure you always have enough stock.
Apps: You can manage your inventory, keep track of bookings, and communicate with guests using a number of available AirBnB host apps. You can track how many sheets and towels are on hand and when they need to be washed using the inventory tracking tools included in the apps.
Tips for keeping inventory organized and easily accessible:
- Store all your linens and towels in a convenient location, such as a closet or storage room.
- Label all your linens and towels with their size and material so you can find the proper settings for each guest.
- Keep your linens and towels fresh and dust-free by putting them in vacuum-sealed bags between visits.
- Keeping all of your linens and towels in one place, like a closet or storage room, will make it easier to find what you need when you need it.
Refreshing your inventory
For higher-occupancy year round rentals, it is recommended that you refresh your bedding at least every 6-12 months. Keeping linens fresh and new is vital to providing your guests with a positive experience. For your next linen refresh, we recommend InnStyle. InnStyle offers a wide range of linens to choose from in a variety of styles, sizes, and colors. They are experts in the hospitality industry, and will consult with AirBnB owners and property managers to find the products that best fit their specific needs. Please give InnStyle a call about any linen questions or stain questions that you might have. Their account managers will be happy to help. InnStyle can be reached at 267-354-6020 or 800-877-4667. Their website is https://www.innstyle.com/.
Professional laundry service (HappyNest) versus other providers
Knowing who is doing your laundry is important to maintaining a clean and fresh AirBnB rental. While it may be tempting to use a random provider or do your laundry yourself, there are several benefits to using a professional laundry service:
- Cost savings: Saves you money in the long run by providing bulk discounts and ensuring that your linens and towels last longer.
- Convenience: A professional laundry service will pick up and deliver your laundry, saving you time and energy.
- Quality control: The professional laundry service like HappyNest will ensure that your linens and towels are cleaned to industry standards and free from stains and odors.
Using a random provider:
- Quality control: There's a risk that the quality of the laundry may not meet the standards you expect.
- Convenience: You may have to drop off and pick up the laundry yourself, which can be time-consuming.
- Cost: It may not be as cost-effective as using a professional laundry service.
To sum up, keeping your AirBnB rental fresh and clean is very important for maintaining a positive reputation and attracting guests. If you follow the tips discussed in this article, you can ensure that your rental is always ready for guests.
Sign up for a professional laundry service like HappyNest and save yourself some time, money, and energy while ensuring that your linens and towels are always clean and fresh.
For more tips and resources for successful AirBnB laundry management, be sure to check out HappyNest's blog.